This year, we’re bringing the spirit and celebration of race week to you! Join us for the free 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon Virtual Experience starting on Monday, October 5 and culminating on Sunday, October 11, what would have been the 43rd running of the event.
Registered 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon participants will have the exclusive opportunity to run 26.2-miles virtually, while shorter distances from distances including the mile, 5K, 8K and half marathon will be available to anyone interested in participating.
Continue reading for more information about our free virtual run distances.
The mile is the shortest distance offered in the 2020 Virtual Experience. The mile is a great way to introduce yourself to road racing, to get your family involved in the Virtual Experience, or to test your speed if you’re looking for a little competition.Sign up for the mile today!
The 5K (3.1 miles) remains one of the most popular distances in our sport. If you’re new to running and looking to take on a challenge by increasing mileage, this is the distance for you!Sign up for the 5K today!
The 8K (4.97 miles) is a great middle distance and a Chicago favorite! For more than 40 years, Chicago area runners have been celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by participating in the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K. This is your opportunity to give this unique distance a try!Sign up for the 8K today!
The half marathon is the perfect distance for experienced runners, from those who are considering the marathon to past marathon finishers looking for a shorter distance.Sign up for the half marathon today!
2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon participants will have exclusive access to participate in the marathon distance. Registered runners will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for the 26.2-mile distance. Runners can also opt to enhance their experience by purchasing one of several marathon packages that include a Nike commemorative cotton t-shirt (men’s crew neck and women’s scoop neck) to a personalized event medallion.
Commemorate your experience
We’re excited to share that everyone participating in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon Virtual Experience now has the opportunity to purchase one of our three commemorative packages. Continue reading for more information and sign into your participant account or select a package during registration to make your purchase.
Commemorative Package 1
- Virtual Experience Nike cotton t-shirt (men’s crew neck and women’s scoop neck)
- $30 (USD) for U.S. residents or $40 (USD) for those residing outside of the U.S.
Commemorative Package 2
- Virtual Experience Nike cotton t-shirt (men’s crew neck and women’s scoop neck) and medallion
- $40 (USD) for U.S. residents or $50 (USD) for those residing outside of the U.S.
Commemorative Package 3
- Virtual Experience Nike cotton t-shirt (men’s crew neck and women’s scoop neck), medallion and a personalized iTAB plaque for the back of your medallion
- $50 (USD) for U.S. residents or $60 (USD) for those residing outside of the U.S.
What is a virtual run?
Virtual runs offer you an opportunity to participate in a racing experience in your own community. While nothing can replace the excitement of mass participation road races, a virtual run allows you to set a goal and celebrate the accomplishment of crossing your own finish line.
The 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon Virtual Experience offers a variety of distances for runners of all ages and fitness levels.
Train with Nike
Whether you’re getting ready to race or helping a friend on their running journey, we encourage you to log your miles with the Nike Run Club app. Get guidance, motivation and inspiration through in-ear audio from Nike coaches, elite athletes and entertainers. With expert coaching at your fingertips, the Nike Run Club app will help you stay motivated and active during this unique time.
Download the app today and become your own best coach.
2020 Virtual Experience requirements
- Registrants under 18 years of age must have the registration form completed by a parent or legal guardian permitting participation. Participants must meet the age requirements for each distance at the start of the Virtual Experience window: Marathon (16 years of age or older), half marathon (14 years of age or older), 8K (8 years of age or older), 5K (8 years of age or older) and mile (8 years of age or older).
- The Bank of America Chicago Marathon Virtual Experience requires that participants must complete their full desired distance at one time.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All entry packages are nonrefundable.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the event rules.
If you have questions about registration, please call the Bank of America Chicago Marathon office during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. U.S. Central Time) at 312.904.9800 or email email@example.com.