Cancellation (by you or by us)
Participant cancellation (cancellation by you)
Participants unable to participate in the 2021 Bank of America Chicago Marathon can cancel their entry at any time through their participant account. While all event fees (entry, ancillary products, etc.) are non-refundable, and will not be applied to future participation, participants who cancel their entry will have access to a guaranteed entry for the next event. Please note, this opportunity is not available to participants who received a guaranteed entry for the 2021 event through the charity or tour group applications.
NEW IN 2021 – Refundable booking
Individuals who are concerned they may not be able to participate in the 2021 event can pay an additional service fee (14% of all items purchased, excluding event processing fees) for a 100% refund of the entry fee and additional products paid by the participant during the registration process. Registered participants, who purchased refundable booking, and are unable to participate in the race (for one of the wide range of perils covered) will receive a 100% refund of their entry fee and ancillary purchases within 10 business days of the claim submission.* Please note, refundable booking is not eligible to participants whose entry will be paid for by a charity or sponsor partner.
Please note, refundable booking does not cover the following:
- If the participant does not attend the event because they are concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19) or are self-isolating without a positive COVID-19 test or other non-COVID-19 communicable diseases leading to quarantines or travel restrictions
- Actual or perceived: war, hostilities, civil commotion, etc.
- If event organizers cancel the race
- Processing fees associated with items (entry fee, ancillary products, etc.) purchased during the application process
For more information on the perils covered by refundable booking visit: refundable.me/haku/.
* If a participant purchases refundable booking and is unable to participate, they must submit a claim in order to be eligible for a refund. The claims form will remain open for 60 days after the event. Claims are generally processed within 10 business days of the submission. The claims process will be administered by Event Protect.
Event Cancellation (cancellation by us)
If it is determined, for reasons outside of the event’s control, that the 2021 Bank of America Chicago Marathon cannot take place, registered participants will have the option to receive a partial refund for their 2021 entry or the opportunity to defer their place to the 2022 event and receive a discount on their 2022 entry fee.
- If the event is cancelled on or before March 31, 2021, registered participants will be offered:
- A 40% refund of their 2021 entry fee or a 50% discount on a deferred entry for the 2022 event
- If the event is cancelled between April 1 and June 30, 2021, registered participants will be offered:
- A 20% refund of their 2021 entry fee or a 30% discount on a deferred entry for the 2022 event
- If the event is cancelled between July 1 and September 30, 2021, registered participants will be offered:
- A 5% refund of their 2021 entry fee or a 10% discount on a deferred entry for the 2022 event
In the event of a race cancellation, all ancillary products purchased by registered participants will be refunded, with the exception of iTAB. Registered participants who purchase an iTAB will be offered a credit for use at a future event or any event partnering with iTAB.