Cancellation (by you or by us)
Participant cancellation (cancellation by you)
Participants unable to participate in the 2023 Bank of America Chicago Marathon can cancel their entry through Wednesday, October 4 via their participant account. While all event fees (entry, ancillary products, etc.) are non-refundable, and will not be applied to a future event, participants who cancel their entry will have access to a guaranteed entry for the next event. Please note, this opportunity is not available to participants who received a guaranteed entry for the 2023 event through the 2022 cancelled entry, charity or tour group applications.
Individuals who are concerned they may not be able to participate in the 2023 event can pay an additional service fee (14% of all items purchased, excluding event processing fees) for a 100% refund of the entry fee and additional products paid by the participant during the registration process. Registered participants, who purchased refundable registration, and are unable to participate in the race (for one of the wide range of perils covered) must apply to receive a 100% refund of their entry fee and ancillary purchases. An update on the application should be received within 10 business days of the application submission.* Please note, refundable registration is not eligible to participants whose entry will be paid for by a charity, tour sponsor partner.
Please note, refundable registration does not cover the following:
- If the participant does not attend the event because they are concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19) or are self-isolating without a positive COVID-19 test or other non-COVID-19 communicable diseases leading to quarantines or travel restrictions
- Actual or perceived: war, hostilities, civil commotion, etc.
- If event organizers cancel the race
- Processing fees associated with items (entry fee, ancillary products, etc.) purchased during the application process
For more information on the perils covered by refundable registration visit: https://refundable.me/haku/.
*If a participant purchases refundable registration and is unable to participate, they must complete the refund application process. The application form will remain open for 60 days after the event. Applications are generally processed within 10 business days of the submission. The application process is administered by the Protect Group.
Event Cancellation (cancellation by us)
If it is determined, for reasons outside of the event’s control, which the 2022 Bank of America Chicago Marathon cannot take place, registered participants will have the option to receive a partial refund for their 2023 entry or the opportunity to defer their place to the 2024 event and receive a discount on their 2024 entry fee.
- If the event is cancelled on or before March 31, 2023, registered participants will be offered:
- A 40% refund of their 2023 entry fee or a 50% discount on a deferred entry for the 2024 event
- If the event is cancelled between April 1 and June 30, 2023, registered participants will be offered:
- A 20% refund of their 2023 entry fee or a 30% discount on a deferred entry for the 2024 event
- If the event is cancelled between July 1 and September 30, 2023, registered participants will be offered:
- A 5% refund of their 2023 entry fee or a 10% discount on a deferred entry for the 2024 event
- If the event is cancelled between October 1 and October 8, 2023, registered participants will have the opportunity to receive a guaranteed entry for the 2024 event. In this scenario, all event fees (entry, ancillary products, etc.) are non-refundable, and will not be applied to future participation. In order to access the guaranteed entry, individuals will be required to apply and pay for their guaranteed entry during the 2024 event application window.
In the event of a race cancellation, all ancillary products purchased by registered participants will be refunded, except for iTAB. Registered participants who purchase an iTAB will be offered a credit for use at a future event or any event partnering with iTAB.