The Bank of America Chicago Marathon proudly stands out as a race that welcomes elite runners and debut marathoners alike. The wave and start corral process offer a more optimal race day experience for all participants.
Final start corral assignments are available now through your participant account. Assignments are based on the start corral qualifying standards, the information submitted during the application process (qualifying and estimated finish times) and previous Bank of America Chicago Marathon results.
- The deadline to request a change to your start corral assignment was 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Tuesday, August 10
- Final corral assignments were posted on Tuesday, August 17
- Qualifying finish times need to be attained since January 1, 2019, on a certified course.
- Start corrals are assigned or re-assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Assignment to a specific start corral is based on availability and is not guaranteed.
- View frequently asked questions about the start corral process.
Additional details about the start process for the 2021 event will be shared later this summer.