The Bank of America Chicago Marathon proudly stands out as a race that welcomes elite runners and debut marathoners alike. The wave and start corral process offer a more optimal race day experience for all participants.
Preliminary start corral assignments are available now through your participant account. Assignments are based on the start corral qualifying standards, the information submitted during the application process (qualifying and estimated finish times) and previous Bank of America Chicago Marathon results.
- Qualifying finish times need to be attained since January 1, 2019, on a certified course.
- You may request a Wave 1 corral assignment by providing proof of qualifying time, with a link to your results, using the start corral change request form. The deadline to request a Wave 1 corral assignment is 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Tuesday, August 10.
- For placement in a Wave 2 or Wave 3 corral, you may submit your request using the start corral change request form through 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Tuesday, August 10.
- Start corrals are assigned or re-assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Assignment to a specific start corral is based on availability and is not guaranteed.
- View frequently asked questions about the start corral process.
- Tuesday, August 10 (5 p.m. U.S. Central Time): The deadline to update or request a change to your start corral assignment.
- Tuesday, August 17: Final corral assignments will be posted.
Additional details about the start process for the 2021 event will be shared later this summer.