Whether you are planning to support a specific runner or looking to cheer on the masses, we have all the information you need to prepare for race day viewing along the course or from home.
As in previous years, general spectators will not have access to the race start and finish areas within Grant Park on race day. These areas will be accessible to participants displaying their event-issued bib numbers, event staff with proper credentials, and ticketed guests (where applicable). Individuals who are not registered for the race will not be able to escort runners to the start line or greet runners at the finish line.
We recommend that spectators support runners from elsewhere on the course, and meet runners after the race at the designated runner reunite area after the race.
The Biofreeze 27th Mile Post-Race Party and runner reunite area of Grant Park will open to spectators at 9:30 a.m. To access this area, spectators must pass through security and bag screening. Please note, any items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate will be confiscated or denied access at the sole discretion of security personnel.
Recommended spectator viewing areas:
- To view runners closest to the start of the race, go to Grand Avenue, between Columbus Drive and State Street, near Mile 1, or anywhere along State Street, between Grand Avenue and Jackson Boulevard.
- To view runners closest to the finish of the race, go to the Bank of America Cheer Zone at Michigan Avenue and Roosevelt Road.
- Connect with friends and family after the race, at Runner Reunite. Alphabetical signs (A-Z) will be staged on Columbus Drive adjacent to the Biofreeze 27th Mile Post-Race Party to facilitate meeting locations by name.
Bank of America Chicago Marathon App, Powered by TCS
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon App, Powered by Tata Consultancy Services is the perfect resource to prepare for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Whether you’re running or spectating, the free mobile app includes everything you’ll need to be prepared for a great race week experience.
The mobile app features unlimited live race day runner tracking, elite athlete profiles, live broadcast streaming, real time weather, an interactive course map, bib share, marathon store, event photos and much more! Available now on the App Store and Google Play.
As the Bank of America Chicago Marathon weaves its way through 29 diverse neighborhoods, participants and spectators experience the history, culture, renowned architecture and vibrant spirit that make Chicago great. As you prepare to cheer on your runner make sure to take advantage of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon spectator guide. With a detailed course map, spectator viewing areas by CTA trains, Chicago neighborhood details and more helpful information, the Chicago Marathon spectator guide will help you get the most out of your spectator experience.
*The 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon spectator guide will be available in advance of the race.
Tune into NBC 5 Chicago and Telemundo Chicago on race day
NBC 5 Chicago and Telemundo Chicago will provide complete live TV coverage and live streaming of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. The NBC 5 Chicago and Telemundo live television broadcast will air from 7 – 11 a.m. and the live stream will be available at nbcchicago.com and telemundochicago.com from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
670 The Score Sports Radio
670 The Score Sports Radio will provide complete live radio coverage of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on race day from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Information presented by Molex will be available throughout Grant Park on race day. Information Tents will be available to assist participants and spectators with event information, course maps and general event inquiries as well as lost and found items. Information Tents will be located in the following areas:
- On the east side of Michigan Avenue at 11th Street
- On the east side of Michigan Avenue at Harrison Street
- On the east side of Michigan Avenue at Jackson Drive
- Within the Buckingham Fountain Gear Check facility (participant only Information Tent)
- North side of Jackson Drive between Columbus Drive and Lake Shore Drive
- On the northwest corner of Congress Parkway and Columbus Drive