The application for guaranteed or non-guaranteed entry to the 2023 Bank of America Chicago Marathon closed at 2 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Thursday, November 17, 2022.
The 45th running of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon will take place on Sunday, October 8, 2023.
Interested in learning more about the 2024 Bank of America Chicago Marathon? Application information for the 2024 event will be available soon. Join our Mile by Mile e-newsletter list to be notified as soon as the application information becomes available.
PARA ATHLETICS PROGRAM
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon strives to provide accessibility for all athletes through our Para Athletics Program. Learn more about the Para Athletics Program.
CANCELLATION (BY YOU OR BY US)
Learn more about the options available to 2023 Bank of America Chicago Marathon registered participants if they choose not to participate or in the case of an event cancellation.
- Participants must be 16 years or older on race day.
- Participants 16-17 years of age must have permission from their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race. This permission is required during the application process.
- The Bank of America Chicago Marathon requires that participants be able to complete the 26.2-mile distance in six hours and 30 minutes (6:30:59). The marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to pick up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo during the scheduled hours of operation.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID that reflects the name they registered under upon picking up their own participant packet.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the event rules.
If you have questions about registration, please email the Bank of America Chicago Marathon office at email@example.com.