Thank you for your interest in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. The application window for the 2016 event has closed.
A limited number of entries into the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon are still available through the Chicago Marathon Charity and International Tour Group programs.
Charity program runners
Those who opt to run and fundraise for any of the charities that are a part of the official Charity Program. Go to: register.chicagomarathon.com/charity to view the organizations with entries available.
International Tour Group program runners
Participants outside the U.S. who opt to join a tour group (package includes travel, accommodation and race entry). Go to: register.chicagomarathon.com/tour for a list of affiliated international tour groups.
- U.S. residents (those who live in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories): $185 (USD)
- Non-U.S. residents: $210 (USD)
Runners were asked to provide credit card information as a part of the application process.
- Credit cards will be charged only when and if a runner is approved for a guaranteed entry or receives an entry through the non-guaranteed entry drawing.
- Participants must be 16 years or older on race day.
- Participants 16-17 years of age must have permission from their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race. This permission is given during the application process.
- The Bank of America Chicago Marathon requires that participants be able to complete the 26.2 mile distance in six hours and 30 minutes (6:30:59). The marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to pick up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo during the scheduled hours of operation on Friday, October 7 or Saturday, October 8.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID upon picking up their own participant packet.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the event rules.
Frequently asked questions
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the 2016 application, click here.
If you have questions about registration, please call the Bank of America Chicago Marathon office during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. U.S. Central Time) at 312.904.9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.