The application window for guaranteed or non-guaranteed entry to the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon closed at 2 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Tuesday, November 29.
A limited number of entries are still available through the Official Charity Program.
Learn more about charity registration.
2017 Entry deferment
The opportunity to defer your 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon entry to 2018 is now available. Please note, deferment is not available if you received an entry as a 2017 deferred entry and a charity or tour group runner. Learn more about 2017 entry deferment.
- U.S. residents (those who live in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories): $195 (USD)
- Non-U.S. residents: $220 (USD)
Credit cards will be charged once a guaranteed application is approved or a non-guaranteed application is selected in the drawing.
- Participants must be 16 years or older on race day.
- Participants 16-17 years of age must have permission from their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race. This permission is given during the application process.
- The Bank of America Chicago Marathon requires that participants be able to complete the 26.2 mile distance in six hours and 30 minutes (6:30:59). The marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to pick up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo during the scheduled hours of operation on Friday, October 6 or Saturday, October 7.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID upon picking up their own participant packet.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the event rules.
If you have questions about registration, please call the Bank of America Chicago Marathon office during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. U.S. Central Time) at 312.904.9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.