The application window for the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon closed at 2 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Thursday, November 30.
If you are still interested in participating in the 2018 event, a limited number of entries are still available through the Charity and International Tour Group Programs. Click the red boxes below to learn more.
If you applied for a non-guaranteed entry, you will be notified via email of your entry status on Tuesday, December 12.
Runners who applied for an entry can access their participant account at any time.Log into your participant account
If you are interested in running and fundraising on behalf of a charity, you can guarantee your spot in the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
- Each charity manages its own unique charity team, runner benefits and fundraising requirements.
- Fundraising requirements may vary from charity to charity, but will be no less than $1,000 (USD) if the entry is claimed during the application window and $1,500 (USD) if the entry is claimed following the application window.
- Only charities that are part of the official Bank of America Chicago Marathon Charity Program have access to guaranteed entries.
- If you are interested in running for charity you should directly contact one of our official Bank of America Chicago Marathon charities.
Learn more about the Charity entry application
International tour group entry
If you are interested in traveling and running with an international tour group you can guarantee your spot in the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
- Each tour partner manages its own unique tour.
- Requirements, such as cost of entry, air travel, hotel, etc., may vary.
- Only tour operators that are part of the official Bank of America Chicago Marathon International Tour Program have access to guaranteed entries, if the tour partner is not on this list, they do not have access to entries.
- Not all countries have approved Chicago Marathon tour partners.
- If you are interested in joining an international tour group you should directly contact one of our official Bank of America Chicago Marathon tour partners.
- U.S. residents (those who live in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories): $195 (USD)
- Non-U.S. residents: $220 (USD)
You will be asked to provide credit card information as a part of the application process. Your credit card will be charged when and if your application is approved or selected through drawing.
When completing the application please use a credit card that has an expiration date later than December 2017.
Athletes with Disabilities Program
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon strives to provide accessibility for all athletes with disabilities through our Athletes with Disabilities Program. For more information visit the Athletes with Disabilities Program page.
- Participants must be 16 years or older on race day.
- Participants 16-17 years of age must have permission from their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race. This permission is given during the application process.
- The Bank of America Chicago Marathon requires that participants be able to complete the 26.2 mile distance in six hours and 30 minutes (6:30:59). The marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to pick up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo during the scheduled hours of operation on Friday, October 5 or Saturday, October 6.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID upon picking up their own participant packet.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the event rules.
Application frequently asked questions
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon application, please view the Frequently asked application questions page.
If you have questions about registration, please call the Bank of America Chicago Marathon office during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. U.S. Central Time) at 312.904.9800 or email email@example.com.