If you are unable to participate in the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon you will have the opportunity to cancel your 2019 entry. Please note, this opportunity will not be available to you if you received a guaranteed entry through the 2018 cancelled (deferred) entry, 2019 charity or 2019 tour group applications.
Once a 2019 entry is cancelled it cannot be undone. The entry cancellation option will be available in advance of the event.
Those who opt to cancel their entry should note:
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable
- Your 2019 registration fee and ancillary purchases will not be refunded
- Your 2019 registration fee and ancillary purchases will not be applied toward your 2020 application
- You will be required to claim your 2020 guaranteed entry during the 2020 event application window
- You will not be assigned a bib number for the 2019 event
- You will not receive a participant packet, bag or running shirt for the 2019 event
- You cannot cancel your entry two years in a row
- Cancellation is not an option for those who received an entry through the 2018 cancelled entry, 2019 charity or 2019 tour group applications
- Once an entry is cancelled it cannot be undone
If you cancel your entry, you will be notified via email (during the 2020 application window) when you are able to register for the 2020 event.