If you are unable to participate in the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon you will have the opportunity to cancel your 2019 entry. Please note, this opportunity will not be available to you if you received a guaranteed entry through the 2018 cancelled (deferred) entry, 2019 charity or 2019 tour group applications.
Once a 2019 entry is cancelled it cannot be undone.
Those who opt to cancel their entry should note:
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable
- Your 2019 registration fee and ancillary purchases will not be refunded
- Your 2019 registration fee and ancillary purchases will not be applied toward your 2020 application
- You will be required to claim your 2020 guaranteed entry during the 2020 event application window
- You will not be assigned a bib number for the 2019 event
- You will not receive a participant packet, bag or running shirt for the 2019 event
- You cannot cancel your entry two years in a row
- Cancellation is not an option for those who received an entry through the 2018 cancelled entry, 2019 charity or 2019 tour group applications
- Once an entry is cancelled it cannot be undone
Please see the steps to cancel your entry below:
- Once logged in, click on “Your Registrations” on the top of the page.
- On the right side of the tile for your registration, click on “Edit Registration.”
- At the bottom, click on the grey button labeled “Registration Options,” then click on “Cancel 2019.”
- Once you click “Cancel 2019,” a pop up will display reminding you of the conditions of cancellation. When you’re ready, click the green button labeled “Cancel 2019.”
If you cancel your entry, you will be notified via email (during the 2020 application window) that you are able and need to claim your 2020 entry. The deadline to cancel your entry is Monday, September 23.
To cancel your entry please visit your participant account.