The Bank of America Chicago Marathon proudly stands out as a race that welcomes elite runners and debut marathoners alike. The wave and start corral process offer a more optimal race day experience for all runners.
Start corral assignments are based on the start corral qualifying standards, the information submitted during the application process (qualifying and estimated finish times) and previous Chicago Marathon results.
- The deadline to update or request a change to your start corral assignment was Tuesday, August 13 (5 p.m. U.S. Central Time).
- Final corral assignments were posted on Thursday, August 22.
Log in to your Participant account to see your final start corral assignment.
Grant Park directional maps
You may store small personal items or articles of clothing during the race at your designated gear check area, which is determined by your start wave: Red, Blue or Orange.
- Gear check is available to participants only; spectators are not allowed in the gear check area.
- You must use your race-issued gear check bag (your clear plastic participant bag); no other bags will be accepted at gear check.
- Remove your gear check tag from your bib number and attach it to your gear check bag.
- Do not check valuable items such as wallets, money, jewelry, cell phones, cameras, music or electronic devices, etc.; the event is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- You must show your bib number when dropping off and picking up
- Loose articles of clothing or other personal items that are not placed in your clear plastic event-issued gear check bag will not be accepted at gear check.
- All bags must be picked up by 4 p.m. on race day. Bags that are not picked by 4 p.m. will be taken to the Harrison Information Tent (east side of Michigan Avenue at Harrison Street) where they can be picked up in person from 4 – 8 p.m.
- If you need to pick up your bag at the Harrison Information Tent
following the race, please visit chicagomarathon.com/lostandfound to
confirm that your bag is available for pick up.
Any items unclaimed by Thursday, October 31, 2019, will no longer be available.