American Development Program
The American Development Program* recognizes the fastest amateur athletes in the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon and is part of our ongoing effort to support up-and-coming American marathoners. These athletes are top local and/or regional runners who may be competing for personal best times or Olympic Trials qualifying performances but are not necessarily top national or international competitors. American Development Program qualifiers receive race morning amenities and start corral placement at the front of the field, directly behind the Elite Corral.
The American Development Program is limited to the first 300 participants who apply and meet the qualifying standards.
* Please note that while this program is geared toward American athletes, non-U.S. citizens who meet the qualifying standards will be accepted into the American Development Program.
|Qualifying standards||Half marathon||Marathon|
|Men||sub 1:11:00||sub 2:31:00|
|Women||sub 1:21:00||sub 3:01:00|
|Men Masters (age 40+)||sub 1:13:00||sub 2:41:00|
|Women Masters (age 40+)||sub 1:25:00||sub 3:13:00|
Qualifying times must have been run no earlier than January 1, 2016, and no later than September 1, 2018.
Program amenities include:
- Separate and secure start/finish area tent
- Private toilet facilities
- Private gear check
- Access to American Development Start Corral 15 minutes prior to official race start
- Opportunity to start directly behind the Elite Corral
The American Development Program entry opportunity will open on Wednesday, December 13 and will be available through September 1, 2018, or until the program reaches a capacity of 300 participants.
For any further questions about the American Development Program, please contact email@example.com.