American Development Program
The American Development Program* recognizes the fastest amateur athletes in the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon and is part of our ongoing effort to support up-and-coming American marathoners. These athletes are top local and/or regional runners who may be competing for personal best times or Olympic Trials qualifying performances, but are not necessarily top national or international competitors. American Development Program qualifiers receive race morning amenities and start corral placement at the front of the field, directly behind the Elite Corral.
* Please note that while this program is geared toward American athletes, non-U.S. citizens who meet the qualifying standards will be accepted into the American Development Program.
|Qualifying standards||Half marathon||Marathon|
|Men||sub 1:11:00||sub 2:31:00|
|Women||sub 1:21:00||sub 3:01:00|
Qualifying times must have been run no earlier than January 1, 2015 and no later than September 1, 2017.
Program amenities include:
- Separate and secure start/finish area tent
- Private toilet facilities
- Private gear check
- Access to American Development Start Corral 15 minutes prior to official race start
- Opportunity to start directly behind the Elite Corral
Click here to complete the application for the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon American Development Program.
The deadline to apply for the American Development Program is 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time), Friday, September 1, 2017.
Those that have an entry to the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon and wish to be added to the American Development Program may send proof of qualifying time and confirmation code to email@example.com. The deadline to request entry to the program is 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time), Friday, September 1, 2017.