Volunteer registration FAQs
Thank you for considering to volunteer with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon! Are you having trouble registering to volunteer? Are you registered and would like to access your volunteer account? Do you want to learn more about volunteer registration system capabilities? Find these answers and more below.
– All volunteers are required to register. Registration must be completed on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon’s volunteer registration system.
– The deadline to register is Monday, October 5, 2015. Registration will be disabled after this deadline. Individuals who show up to volunteer race weekend without having registered, will NOT be permitted to volunteer.
Volunteer job information
- Access your job’s unique registration link, provided by your Group Leader or displayed on the event website
- Review Volunteer Job Information details to make sure the job is right for you
- If you are positive you can commit to the volunteer job, date, and time, click on the blue “Sign Up” button from your unique registration link to proceed to the Sign In page.
Sign in or create a new volunteer registration account
If you are an existing user:
- An existing user has volunteered within the past 3 years at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K
- Sign in by entering your registration email and password
- If you cannot remember your password, click “Forgot Your Password?” to reset
- New users will need to “Create a New Account” in order to register
- First click “Don’t have an account yet? Create one now.”
- Fill out the fields and click the teal “Create Account” button
Complete and submit the registration form
- The “Basic Information” registration page will open after you sign into your volunteer account
- Required registration fields and the event waiver must be completed to proceed
- Existing user forms are pre-populated the with information on file
- Click the blue “Continue” button
- Review your registration information and click the blue “Submit” button
- The system will confirm your registration when complete
- You will also receive a registration confirmation email from the CEM volunteer system
Your volunteer account
- Your volunteer account is a home screen with your “Upcoming Jobs” and information tabs across the top. These tabs are as follows:
- View details about your upcoming job(s)
- Add the shift to your calendar by clicking on the calendar icon
- Map the location of your volunteer shift by clicking on the map icon
- Cancel your registration by clicking on the cancel icon
- View name, email and phone number of your job(s) contact. Most often this will be your Group Leader’s information.
- View messages sent to you by the system, your Group Leader and/or your Captain
- Click “more >>” to view the full message
- Click “resend message>>” to resend the message to your email on file
- Visit “Account Settings” to update your password, email address, emergency contact and more
- Click “Sign Out” to exit the registration system
After the event
- Log in to your account post-race and visit your ‘Past Jobs’ in your ‘My Job’ tab to download your Certificate of Appreciation and Service Hours Form, verifying your participation in the 2015 event
Access your volunteer account
- To access your account any time after registering, visit either chicagomarathon.com/volunteerlogin or cemevent.com/login
- Accessing your account allows you to check your volunteer shift details
- If you cannot remember your password to sign up or log-in, click the “Forgot Your Password?” text on the following page to reset
Need to complete your volunteer registration?
- If you receive an email encouraging you to complete your volunteer registration, you are not registered to volunteer. Your registration has not been submitted and needs to be completed. Log in to your account and click the blue “Continue” button and follow the steps to submit your registration
- Upon registering, you will see the volunteer role in your “My Jobs” tab and receive a confirmation email.
Final details and questions
- Race week stay tuned for an email with final details from your Group Leader and/or the Chicago Marathon office
- If you have any questions please contact your Group Leader or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for your support!