Interested participants can enter the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon registration lottery at any time before Monday, April 7 (12 p.m. U.S. Central Time) deadline. Entry into the lottery requires the completion of the registration form.
After the April 7 deadline, participant names will be selected at random from the full pool of lottery entrants to complete the remaining spots in 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Prior to selection, duplicate entries will be removed and therefore will not increase one’s chances of selection.
Lottery selection and notification
All lottery entrants will be notified via email on Monday, April 14, indicating whether they were or were not selected through the lottery. Notifications will be distributed on a rolling basis throughout that day. Selected entrants will have until Friday, April 18, at 11 a.m. U.S. Central Time, to accept their official registration and submit payment of the registration fee, as well as for any ancillary purchases. Entries cannot be withdrawn after payment or transferred to another individual, nor can they be refunded.
Those who enter the lottery and are not selected may still register for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon by opting to run for select charities or tour groups starting on Friday, April 18, at 12 p.m.
Selected entry deferment
Those selected through the lottery who cannot run the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon may defer their selection to the 2015 race. Those who defer will not be refunded their 2014 registration fee, and they will be required to claim their entry and pay the full registration fee for the 2015 race. Entries may only be deferred to the following year’s event, and those entries will expire if not used in 2015. Once deferred, entries cannot be reinstated for the 2014 race.
The deadline to defer is Monday, September 8, at 12 p.m. U.S. Central Time. Deferment instructions will be forthcoming.
Entry deferment is only available to those selected through the lottery and is not available to those who register with guaranteed entries.
Event entry requirements
- Participants must be 16 years or older on race day, October 12, to enter the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Participants 16-17 years of age must have a statement signed by their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate in the race.
- The 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon has a maximum net race day finish time of six hours and 30 minutes (6:30:59). The Marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID upon picking up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon Health & Fitness Expo during the scheduled hours of operation.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the event rules.