Volunteer registration FAQs
All volunteers are required to register through the Bank of America Chicago Marathon’s registration system. The deadline to register is Monday, October 6. People who try to register after this deadline, or who show up race week to volunteer without having registered, will NOT be permitted to volunteer.
Thank you for considering volunteering with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Are you having trouble registering to volunteer? Are you signed up and you would like to access your volunteer account? Do you want to learn more about the volunteer registration system capabilities? Find the answers to your questions below.
Volunteer job information
How do I access my volunteer job information?
- Access your job’s unique registration link, provided by your Group Leader or displayed on the event website
- Review Volunteer Job Information details to make sure the job is right for you
- Click on the blue “Sign Up” button from your unique registration link to proceed to the Sign In page.
Sign in or create a new volunteer registration account
How do I sign in or create a new volunteer registration account?
If you are an existing user:
- An existing user is a 2012-2013 volunteer at the Bank of America Chicago
- a 2013-2014 volunteer at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K
- Sign in by entering your registration email and password
- If you cannot remember your password, click “Forgot Your Password?” to reset
If you are a new user:
- New volunteers will need to “Create a New Account” in order to register
- First click “Don’t have an account yet? Create one now.”
- Fill out the fields and click the teal “Create Account” button
Complete and submit the registration form
How do I complete and submit my registration form?
- The “Basic Information” registration page will open after you sign into your volunteer account
- Registration fields and the event waiver must be completed to proceed
- Existing user forms are pre-populated the with information on file
- Click the blue “Continue” button
- Review your registration information and click the blue “Submit” button
- The system will confirm your registration when complete
- You will also receive a registration confirmation email from the CEM Volunteer system
What is my volunteer account?
- Your volunteer account is a home screen with your “Upcoming Jobs” and information tabs across the top. These tabs are as follows:
- View details about your upcoming job(s)
- Add event to your calendar by clicking on the calendar icon
- Cancel your registration by clicking on the red “Sorry, I can’t make it” text next to the appropriate job
- Click the “OK” button if you are positive you can commit to your volunteer job, date, and time
- View name, email and phone number of your job(s) contact. Most often this will be your Group Leader’s information.
- View messages sent to you by the system, your Group Leader and/or your Captain
- Click “more >>’” to view the full message
- Visit “Account Settings” to update your password, email address, emergency contact and more
- Click “Sign Out” to exit the registration system
Access your volunteer account
How do I access my volunteer account?
- To access your account any time after registering, visit either chicagomarathon.com/volunteerlogin or cemevent.com/login
- Accessing your account allows you to check your volunteer registration details
- If you cannot remember your password to sign up or log-in, click the “Forgot Your Password?” text on the following page to reset
Need to complete your volunteer registration?
- If you receive an email encouraging you to complete your volunteer registration, your registration has not been submitted and needs to be completed. Log in to your account and click the blue “Continue” button and follow the steps to submit your registration
- Upon registering, you will see your volunteer role in your “My Jobs” tab.
Final details and questions
- Race week: stay tuned for an email with final details from your Group Leader and/or the Chicago Marathon office
- If you have any questions please contact your Group Leader or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for your support!