Volunteer registration FAQs
Having trouble registering to volunteer? Are you signed up and would like to access your volunteer account? Or do you simply want to learn more about the volunteer registration system capabilities? Answers to those questions and more can be found below. Keep in mind all volunteers are required to register on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon’s volunteer registration system. Volunteers must register by the volunteer registration deadline of Monday, October 6 or they will not be allowed to support the event.
Volunteer job information
- Access your job’s unique registration link, provided by your Group Leader or displayed on the event website
- Review Volunteer Job Information details to make sure this job is right for you
- Click on the blue ‘Sign Up’ button from your unique registration link to proceed to the Sign In page.
Sign in or create a new volunteer registration account
- A 2012-2013 volunteer at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- A 2013-2014 volunteer at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K
- Sign in by entering your registration email and password
- Cannot remember your password? Click ‘Forgot Your Password?’ to reset
- New volunteers will need to Create a New Account in order to register to volunteer
- First click ‘Don’t have an account yet? Create one now.’
- Fill out fields and click teal ‘Create Account’ button
Complete and submit the registration form
- The Basic Information registration page will open after you sign into your volunteer account
- Registration fields and the event waiver must be completed to proceed
- Existing user forms are pre-populated with information on file
- Click blue ‘Continue’ button
- Review your registration information and click blue ‘Submit’ button
- The system will confirm your registration when complete
- You will also receive a registration confirmation email from the CEM Volunteer system
What is my volunteer account?
- A home screen with your Upcoming Jobs and information tabs across the top. These tabs are as follows,
- View details about your upcoming job(s)
- Add event to your calendar by clicking on the calendar icon
- Ability to cancel your registration by clicking on the red ‘Sorry, I can’t make it’ text next to the appropriate job and the following ‘OK’ button – click only if you are absolutely sure
- View name, email and phone number of your job(s) contact. Most often this will be your Group Leader’s information.
- View messages sent to you by the system, your Group Leader and/or your Captain
- Click ‘more >>’ to view the full message
- Visit Account Settings to update your password, email address, emergency contact and more
- Click Sign Out to exit the registration system
How to access your volunteer account
- To access your account any time after registering visit either chicagomarathon.com/volunteerlogin or cemevent.com/login
- Accessing your account allows you to check your volunteer registration details
- Cannot remember your password to sign up or log-in? Click ‘Forgot Your Password?’ text on the following page to reset.
Need to complete your volunteer registration?
- Did you receive an email encouraging you to complete your volunteer registration? Your registration is unsubmitted and needs to be completed. Log in to your account and click the blue ‘Continue‘ button and follow the steps to submit your registration.
- Upon registering you will see the volunteer role in your ‘My Jobs’ tab.
Final details and questions
- Race week stay tuned for an email with final details from your Group Leader and/or the Chicago Marathon office
- If you have any questions please contact your Group Leader or email@example.com
- Thank you for your support!