Group Leader application
Thank you for your interest in joining us as a Group Leader for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon! This year more than 100 groups will help recruit almost 12,000 volunteers to make the Chicago Marathon a world-class success. Group Leaders recruit volunteers, share assignment information, relay registration instructions and keep their
group on task and organized the day of the event. Just as important, Group leaders energize their volunteers by being supportive and positive.
Prior to applying
Please take a few minutes to gain a deeper understanding of our Group Leader expectations by reading the following:
Please note that race day Group Leaders are expected to bring a minimum of 25 volunteers.
- All volunteers must register online by Monday, October 6.
- Unregistered individuals will NOT be permitted to volunteer due to event security.
- All volunteers must be 16 years or older on the day of the event.
- All volunteers must present a form of photo identification at Volunteer Check-In.
If assigned, your group will be assigned to a particular role according to the needs of the event, your group’s past volunteer experience and the total number of volunteers you expect to recruit. Please note that due to high interest and event specific volunteer needs, not all applicants will be assigned. In addition, past volunteer groups will receive priority in assignments over new groups.
Timeline of key dates
- Week of August 4: Launch of Group Leader Application
- Week of August 11: Group assignments begin and continue on a rolling basis. Assignment information will provide Group Leaders with the following:
- Volunteer group assignment, shift time, check-in location and contact
- Online registration link to share with volunteers. All volunteers are required to register online.
- Group Leader log-in for the online registration system
- Saturday, September 27: Group Leaders are required to attend the Event Production Meeting. Meeting details and link to RSVP will be shared in the group’s assignment document.
- Monday, October 6: Deadline for all volunteers to register online
- Friday, October 10 and Saturday, October 11: Bank of America Chicago Marathon Health & Fitness Expo at McCormick Place
- Sunday, October 12: 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Friday, October 31: Donation paperwork due for eligible volunteer groups. For more information and required paperwork visit our volunteer group donations webpage.
Click on the “Apply Now” button to apply to be a Group Leader. Be sure to use the application’s Group Information fields to share additional information about your group, such as past volunteer experience, special skills or specific requests.
Please note that only Group Leaders are asked to apply at this time. If selected, Group Leaders will receive information on further instructing their group members to register.
Additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.