TEAM PAWS Chicago
RUN TO SAVE HOMELESS PETS!
PAWS Chicago is a national model for No Kill animal sheltering and is building a No Kill community where pets are no longer euthanized because they are homeless. In 2007, PAWS Chicago opened the Midwest’s only cageless, state-of-the-art, No Kill shelter.With proactive adoption and spay/neuter p
rograms, more than 5,000 dedicated volunteers, and a nationally renowned shelter medicine program, PAWS Chicago is transforming animal welfare and saving lives.
2012TEAM PAWS Chicago had 600 members who raised one-third of the cost to operate PAWS Chicago’s cageless No Kill Adoption Center! Homeless pets receive no government funding and are dependent on the animal-loving community. With even more members in 2013, PAWS Chicago will have the resources to save the lives of more cats and dogs.
JOIN 2013 TEAM PAWS CHICAGO TODAY! As a team member, you will enjoy a new social network of animal-loving athletes, accomplish a personal milestone and save many lives in the process.
- TEAM PAWS Chicago race singlet and backpack
- Free training once you hit your fundraising goal
- Monthly pet-friendly informational workshops
- Weekly “fun runs” with your dog (or a PAWS Chicago dog)
- Pre-race PAWsta parties
- Dog-friendly monthly happy hours in Deuce’s + the Diamond Club’s spacious beer garden
- Social events
- Race day amenities including a private, heated tent*, private gear check, stretching and massages, food and refreshments, and “Fan Club” cheer shirts for your friends and family
*The tent for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon will be heated if October 7 is a chilly day.
We ask that each team member commit to raising a minimum of $500* for PAWS Chicago. We will give you your own personalized online fundraising web page, and you will have ongoing support from PAWS Chicago. Most team members find that it is not difficult to meet, and even exceed, this goal!
*The fundraising commitment is $1,000 for a post-close entry
HOW DO I REGISTER?